Article by Sean Pashley, EverWash VP of Partner Success
The aroma of pumpkin spice fills the air, signaling the start of an important countdown for those of us in the car wash industry. With the Farmer’s Almanac predicting chilly temperatures and snowy conditions across the contiguous United States, it's crucial to gear up for the busy winter season ahead.
A well-prepared car wash not only impresses customers but also optimizes operational efficiency. One of your most valuable assets in achieving this is your team. Sean Pashley, VP of Partner Success at EverWash, recommends evaluating your operations and team by considering the following key points.
Sean Pashley's Top 10 Tips for a Successful Busy Season
- Update Your Attendants: Are all your attendants accurately listed in the EverWash app? Have any former attendants been removed? A quick call with your account manager can resolve this effortlessly.
- Uniforms: Outfitting your attendants in branded uniforms is a simple yet effective way to present a professional image. Whether you choose warm coats from Amazon customized with your logo or safety vests for your team to wear over their winter gear, uniforms are essential.
- Product Knowledge: Train your attendants to be well-versed in the various car wash packages you offer. Understanding the role of each chemical — be it RainX, Ceramic, or Waxes — is critical for recommending the ideal wash to customers.
- Technology: Ensure that all technological equipment — tablets, mobile devices, card swipers, and POS systems — are up-to-date and functional for both membership and single wash sales. Take the time to streamline your POS buttons for efficiency.
- Training: Have your attendants gone through EverWash’s training videos available on our YouTube Channel? Make sure they are competent in the sign-up process and can execute the various membership pitch levels.
- Reps and Role-Playing: Repetitions and role-playing may seem trivial, but they are effective training techniques that boost confidence and competence.
- Tools: Before the busy season, check that brushes, spray guns, rain boots, gloves, and prep chemicals are in working condition and adequately stocked for the team to use during peak hours.
- Goals and Rewards: Motivate your team with sales incentives and bonuses for meeting overarching goals. Competitions not only make work fun but also drive success.
- Ambassadorship: A good attendant does more than provide excellent service. They represent your car wash every moment they are on the clock, treating your business as their own and striving to make customers happy.
- Commitment to Excellence: Your business’s standards set the tone for the level of service and results you offer. You’re not competing with the car wash down the street; you're competing against your past performance.
At EverWash, we are committed to helping car wash operators succeed. Whether you need assistance with training or membership sales, don't hesitate to reach out to your account manager or contact Sean directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.